[gnome-love] What i need to know and where to learn it

Hi all, i am very very excited to contribute to gnome but i have more
learning to do. I have been learning C++ and not need to learn the gnome
libs (Cario, gtkmm, gdk, libglade, pango, [anything else?]). Also i need
to learn C...anyways i was wondering until i get enough money to get the
gnome official developers guide if there are any good online tutorials.
I have installed devhelp which is awesome and am just looking for more
infomational documentation (AKA not just API but guides on using the
gnome libraries to obtain a final product, etc..). Thanks :)