Re: [gnome-love] What IDE do GNOME developers use?

Hello Santanu,

Some people use Anjuta...

   http://anjuta.sourceforge.net/

But some don't use an IDE, and just do everything from the shell --
from the console.

See ya

-- Charles

On 4/5/07, Santanu Chatterjee <thisissantanu gmail com> wrote:
Hi Everybody,

Now that I have found this mailing list, I can finally
ask this question I always wanted to ask.

What IDE do GNOME developers use when they
develop a GNOME app using
 o Python, and
 o C/C++ ?

KDE developers have KDevelop. What have GNOME
developers got? I don't think Anjuta is that good.
Do they use Eclipse? What I need as a wannabe
GNOME developer is an IDE that will do code completion
when I am writing C code using GNOME libraries like
GLib, GTK+, etc. like Eclipse does when writing Java
code (using all kinds of java standard libraries).

I would very much like to hear your suggestions on this.
I am mainly interested in C and Python for writing
programs using the GNOME libraries. So far, my only
"IDE" as been vim/emacs for all kinds of code. Now
I think I need something that does good quality code
completion.

Regards,
Santanu
--