Re: [gnome-love] LUKS, recovery after "wrong password"

On Fri, 2006-11-17 at 07:58 +0000, Magnus Therning wrote:
I have an encrypted partition on a USB stick.  The gnome-volume-manager
has support for it, which is great.  I stick it in and a dialogue pops
up asking for my password.  If it's correct the stick is mounted
properly, using pmount.  Brilliant.  Except if I supply the wrong
password.  I only get one chance, one failed attempt and I get a
dialogue telling me that the password was wrong, and that's it.

Can I somehow configure it to give me more than a single chance?
will check this up, as soon as i find where i have lost my usb key :(

Failing that, how do I trigger a new mount attempt, without having to
re-insert the USB stick again?

workaround

rmmod usb-storage
modprobe usb-storage