Re: [gnome-love] jhbuild GNOME crashing just after logging in.

Jaap Haitsma wrote:

I would suggest you have a look at http://jhbuild.bxlug.be then...

I've been looking there multiple times for the past 2 weeks and also
added my machine there. So far I've never seen a build that is "green".
I find that a bit worrying. If it's so hard to get stuff to build it's
going to be very difficult for newbies begin to start contributing.

It sure is not easy task to get everything green but there have been a few
builds which nearly achieved this[1].

It has gotten harder lately with new dependencies cropping up (pyrex to
get Python D-BUS bindings, Perl D-BUS bindings for system-tools-backend,
Mozilla 1.8 for Epiphany, gdbm python module for avahi, etc.) but I have
been tracking those, submitting bugs and patches to jhbuild and broken
modules.  And I really hope to get a build working soon.

        Frederic

[1] one example: http://jhbuild.bxlug.be/builds/2006-05-17-0004/