Re: [gnome-love] From a gnome user

On 3/8/06, mayukh <cs1030173 cse iitd ernet in> wrote:
Hello
I am using gnome for the past 18 months.I really appreciate the spirit of
open source.I want to contribute towards the development of gnome.
Where do i start ? any suggestions will be welcome. I have
gone through the website throughly.
Mayukh
3rd year Computer Science and Engg.
IIT Delhi
India

Hi Mayukh,

There are lots of places you can look.  One that we've sorely needed
help in is creating showstopper review lists.  I'm afraid the quality
of 2.14.0 may suffer since we only had one of these, about two months
ago.  Weekly would be much better, which means we probably need
several volunteers.  It's still something that could help 2.14.1
though.  See http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-bugsquad/2006-February/msg00025.html
for more details about how to get started with that if you're
interested.

Another thing to remember is that there are lots of areas where you
can help.  See http://live.gnome.org/JoinGnome for example.  One of
the links there is for those interested in coding, pointing to the
page http://live.gnome.org/GnomeLove.  There's lots of getting started
info and potential projects to work on shown on that page.

Hope that helps,
Elijah