[gnome-love] Moving a window programmatically?

This isn't really GNOME/GTK elated I guess, but maybe you don't mind me
posting here anyway (in the end the code, if I can get it to work will
end up in a GNOME tool :-).

The following code doesn't do what I want. What am I doing wrong?

 #include <stdio.h>

 #define WNCK_I_KNOW_THIS_IS_UNSTABLE
 #include <libwnck/libwnck.h>
 #include <gtk/gtk.h>
 #include <X11/Xlib.h>

 int
 main(int argc, char **argv)
 {
     WnckScreen *scr;
     WnckWindow *win;
     int x, y, width, height;
     Display *disp = NULL;

     gtk_init(&argc, &argv);

     scr = wnck_screen_get_default();
     while(gtk_events_pending()) gtk_main_iteration();
     win = wnck_screen_get_active_window(scr);
     wnck_window_get_geometry(win, &x, &y, &width, &height);

     printf("Current geometry: %d,%d %dx%d\n", x, y, width, height);

     XMoveWindow(XOpenDisplay(NULL), wnck_window_get_xid(win), 100, 100);

     return(0);
 }

The current window (the terminal where I run the compiled program)
stubbornly stays exactly where it is.

/M

magnus therning org             Jabber: magnus therning gmail com
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

Unreadable code,
Why would anyone use it?
Learn a better way.
     -- Geoff Kuenning's contribution to the 2004 Perl Haiku Contest,
        Haikus about Perl - 'Dishonerable Mention' winner