[gnome-love] EVMH client library?

I am playing around with wmctrl[1] to enhance the experience of
Metacity. Unfortunately I'm finding it a bit limited. I've been
searching around for a library that makes it easier to deal with EVMH
but haven't found anything. Does anyone know of a library that eases the
implementation of an EVMH client?
(Programming language doesn't really matter, I'd even be willing to
write perl code :-)

/M

magnus therning org
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Wizards, for they are subtle and quick
to anger.
     -- J.R.R Tolkien