I usually just run something like:

valgrind --tool=memcheck --leak-check=yes --leak-resolution=high
--num-callers=20 my_proggie &> valg.dump

and then just look at valg.dump

The leaks are reported at the bottom. Try to concentrate on those marked
"definately lost" since the others may be bogus.

For each leak you get a backtrace pointing you to the the file and line
where the leak happened. If the trace is not long enough tweak
--num-callers.

There is also a tool called alleyhoop which provides a gnomey frontend
to valgrind, but I'm not familiar with it.

        paolo