Re: [gnome-love] Signal emission across threads

Yaron Tausky escribió:
Hi,
I got fairly used to GObject since the last time I wrote to this list,
so thanks everyone. :-)
However, I do have a question: I wish to emit a signal in one thread
(the network thread, in this example), but make the callbacks associated
with it run in another thread (the GUI thread). I tried to come up with
a solution, but I can't think of anything that doesn't involve polling,
in one way or another. Could someone please advise me how to handle such
a problem?

Thanks,

This page[1] explains a solution to that in gtk# , but don't know if that could help you with your problem in plain C.

[1]
http://www.mono-project.com/Responsive_Applications#Using_Threads_with_Gtk.23