Re: [gnome-love] feedback on getting started.

Claudio Saavedra wrote:

On Mon, 2005-10-31 at 22:22 +0100, Claudio Saavedra wrote:

[...]
I'll start one tonight, but only with the Debian instructions (am not
familiar with other distros), and I'll send the link to this list so we
can complete it.

Please review and complete it, we need the GNOME Love here!

http://live.gnome.org/DevelopmentSuitebyDistro

You mention the devhelp-book-gtk2 package which seems to only exist in
stable. Moreover,
http://packages.debian.org/stable/doc/devhelp-book-gtk2 says :

"The Gtk+2 related books are now readable by simply installing the -doc
packages for Gtk+, GLib, ATK+ and Pango. You can safely remove this
package."

As many users use testing and unstable too, maybe that would be handy to
point the differences where they are.

Finally, every flavor of debian has the ebook-dev-ggad package, which is :

"GTK+/Gnome Application Development is an intermediate-to-advanced
GTK+/Gnome programming book."

It may be useful.

Thank you for this effort Claudio !

Regards,