Re: [gnome-love] Best way to run Development/CVS Gnome?

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 06:13:21 +0200, Elijah Newren <newren gmail com> wrote:

The first time I did
so (well, also when I used garnome before I switched to jhbuild), I
created a separate user and logged in as them when using the
development version of Gnome.  But problems were rare enough that I
stopped doing that and I no longer use a separate account; I just do
Personally I strongly recommend a seperate user account for the cvs/unstable GNOME if you do not want to jeopardise your user account data (document etc).
I really wouldn't want to lose the current state of my diploma thesis.

You can use Xnest in order to avoid X-Server switching (CTRL-ALT-F7/F8..) :
Applications->Extras->Initiate new login in new window

Do a lot of developers run the development version of distros (Rawhide,
Breezy, etc.)?
Well, perform a poll :) No idea.

--
Christian Kirbach <Christian Kirbach student uni-siegen de>