Re: [gnome-love] ALInex - ADSL Modems - Portugal

Le jeudi 29 décembre 2005 à 16:05 +0000, Luis Rodrigues a écrit :
Hi,

My name is Luis Rodrigues and I work at Universidade de Évora in a
Portuguese Linex based distribution called ALinex (www.alinex.org).

Since in Portugal many of the people that use Internet access using ADSL
USB modems we would like to support them on our distribution.

Network Admin doesn't allow for the configuration of the modems or
installing the firmware.

What we want is to have a dialog that shows several types os modems, the
users chooses the one he has and we write the apropriate scripts, if it
needs a firmware we would ask the user to enter the location of it.

We would like to know what is the best way to support this, make a new
application or change one of the existing ones?

I think it will be a good idea to have this in network admin, part of
gnome-system-tools but you'll have to use system-tools-backends (written
in Perl).

Or maybe, if it's possible, a automatic configuration when the USB modem
is plugged will be fine.

        G.

--
Guillaume Desmottes <cass skynet be>