Re: [gnome-love] ALInex - ADSL Modems - Portugal

I used an ADSL USB modem in the UK with AOL.
I got it working perfectly with EciAdsl
(http://eciadsl.flashtux.org/)

However, connecting to the internet always required a
root user command (issued in terminal, or with a
gksudo launcher on the panel). I didn't work out how
to integrate it better into the system (so it would
connect automatically on startup, or on USB plug-in).
Hope that helps.

Our problem is that people use lots os different modems (speedtouch,
icedata, etc) and we would like to create a common framework to
configure them in gnome.

So we need ideas how to implement this a a way it is usefull for
everyone.