Re: [gnome-love] newbie looking to get involved

On 12/24/05, Nickolay V. Shmyrev <nshmyrev yandex ru> wrote:
В Птн, 23/12/2005 в 14:52 +0100, Arjen Stolk пишет:
*snip*
Anyway, does it sound like something people would want? Also, does it
sound do-able? I have a fair amount of experience with programming
C/C++, including some GUI programming, but, as I said, don't know much
about GNOME programming.

That is the main point here. Definitely, it's not a high priority
problem and since nobody was actively requesting it as bugzilla shows, I
am not sure if it will be accepted at all. But of course it would be
nice to have such thing, moreover if you'd like to do it. If you'd like
to search for something else, just ask.

First of all, thanks for the swift and constructive reply.

You're right. I mostly brought up this project because it's something
I've been playing with for a little while anyway. I guess I'll keep it
as a toy project for myself ('cause it's good fun: not too difficult,
fairly diverse programming) and maybe one day if it is reaches some
stage of completeness I'll unleash it to the world :)

In the mean time, I'm very much interested in doing something else, so
I think I'll check out bugzilla, which seems a very popular suggestion
to new arrivals. Anything in particular that might be fun and/or
useful to do?