[gnome-love] Command-line usability

Hello everyone

I am Soyapi Mumba from Lilongwe, Malawi. I use GNOME
and I would like contribute
to its development as well.

Currently, I'm doing a small research on command-line
options to implement in my small project, ConfiGuru.
In usability, the user interface is supposed to be so
intuitive that one can use it comfortably even without
checking a user manual. For example, most command-line
applications use -v/-V for either verbose mode or to
output the version of the application. However, since
exceptions always exist, there are some applications
that use it for other purposes.

Is there any standard in GNOME's (or Linux/Unix)
documentation on which command-line options should be
used for what?

If there's none and you are interested in having one,
I am willing to contribute. Although it may not have
much effect on exisiting applications, it may on new
projects ... I think.

- Soyapi
--
Soyapi Mumba