Re: [gnome-love] GNOME Utilities :: Needs a maintainer

Hi!,

On Tue, 2004-10-19 at 23:35 +1300, Glynn Foster wrote:
Hey,

  Log Viewer
          - This one is a bit dud, and starting to code rot. I've
            thought about rewriting this time and time again, but
            never really got around to it. Should it even belong
            in a gnome-utils package, especially since it seems

    What about moving the log viewer to gnome-system-tools? It makes more
sense as an admin tool than as a Desktop utility. Also being in g-s-t would
allow it to do some sudo magic to change to adm or whatever distro specific
group with right perms to views logs (righ now if I launch it from my menu
under FC2 I'm not be able to view any log)

That makes a lot of sense to me alright. I guess that's up to the new
maintainers now to sit down with Carlos and see what future plans they
can make - currently logview is pretty complicated for a simple log
viewer, and I prefer the Red Hat approach.

Sorry for not answering before, I completely forgot this mail :(

Just wanted to say that I agree a lot, I'd love to see at least a
collaboration framework between projects/tools related to sysadmin, if
there's anything I can do to help... :)

        Carlos

Glynn