Re: [gnome-love] Gnome features

On Mon, 2004-11-15 at 11:32 -0700, Jamie Katherine Cummings wrote:
I've recently installed Fedora Core 3 with Gnome 2.8 on one of my
machines. I've been runing Redhat 9 and Gnome 2.2 on my main machine for
a bout a year now. In teh 2.2 version of Gnome if I double click on the
top bar of a window it rolls up, (similar to the macOS features). If I
do the same in Gnome 2.8, it goes to full scren mode. Is there a way to
change this feature back to the widow roll-up?

Go to Applications->Desktop Preferences->Windows: there you'll find a
combobox offering you precisely that option.

Also, when I open my home folder (which curently uses Nautilus 2.2) on
my RH9 machine I have several more option unser "View." The one I am
particularly fond of the is ability to view the side panel. When I open
my home folder using Gnome 2.8 with Nautilus 2.8, I don't have that
option. I only have it if I open nautilus from the applications menu
using the File Browser. Again, I'd liek the older features back.

If I understand correctly what you want, you can use the browse mode in
nautilus.

-- m

PS: This is more gnome-list@ material than it is gnome-love@, btw.

--
Mariano Suárez-Alvarez <msuarezalvarez arnet com ar>
http://www.gnome.org/~mariano