Re: [gnome-love] hi

On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 11:47 -0500, Glenn Graf wrote:

Hi,

Just joined and wanted to say hi. I have recently become excited again about
Linux and Gnome in particular so I intend to spend some serious effort on
becoming a Gnome/Linux developer.

Great!  Welcome.

 I am interested if I can be of help on
some particular project although I am thinking of starting off by writing a
few Gnome applications that may only be useful to myself.  I am an
experienced developer mostly in the MS and embedded areas. Anyway hope to be
talking to you all soon, probably with a lot of questions. I did read the
book by Havoc and managed to build some simple applications with no problem
but obviously there is a lot to learn.

I can't point you to anything specific (though others may be able to);
however, we do have a wiki page at
http://gnomesupport.org/wiki/index.php/GNOMELove where we are keeping
useful links for those getting started as well as task lisks that we
have received from maintainers for new developers to tackle.  That may
provide you with a getting started project.

Hope that helps,
Elijah