Re: [gnome-love] Looking for a project to join(kernel interface)

Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 09:20:13PM +0100, Runi Simonsen escribió:

Current interest:
I would like to be part of some development project where I could learn
the interface towards the kernel(or partly), if possible? Can't get any
closer; the knowlegdement is very limited for applications and tools
used.

        Hi! The most kernel related project in the GNOME world is HAL, a
hardware abstraction layer. It is used in combination with udev, D-BUS
and other projects. Just now it is a work in progress for Linux Kernel
2.6, for support for other OS (FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Solaris...) should be
'easy' to do.
        Please, take a look at:
                http://www.freedesktop.org/Software/hal

        A GNOME front end using this HAL is gnome-volume-manager, which
you can found on the GNOME CVS (http://developer.gnome.org/tools/cvs.html)

Salu2

--
Fernando Herrera de las Heras
Onírica: análisis, diseño e implantación de soluciones informáticas