Re: [gnome-love] At last.................... I made it.......

On Wed, 2004-06-02 at 02:17, David Moreno Garza wrote:
On Mon, 2004-05-31 at 10:29, Melinda wrote:
What could I do on this? Is this a Debian-side problem?
Ok, pal, I think I got you. After searching around, you are using
gtkmm-2.2 and libglademm-2.2 or libglademm-2.0. So there is a way to
compile my program without upgrading the library. Here's how:
Edit wallpapoz.cpp and change every "sigc::mem_fun" with "SigC::slot".
Hope that work.

Ok, I did the changes.

It worked :)

Anyway, I'll be exploring this in order to make it work properly.

BTW, would you mind if I cook a Debian package of it?
It is my honour that you want to do that. But.....
something has to be done before you do that.
1. I want to remove "junk code" in my program
2. I want to learn autoconf, automake and implement them into this
program so that if somebody want to install this software, he could do
this: ./configure; make; make install
or ./configure
ups you dont have gtkmm installed. Go get it.

3. I want to make sure that I don't use any Intel architecture only
function so that my code is very portable.

4. I want to put icon into this program

5. Maybe I want to change Apply button into Write button so that it is
more clearly.

6. I want to make it more integrate into Gnome so that after you install
it, there is a link in start menu Gnome in accessories group. So user
need not bother to use console.

7. Since Debian sid only has gtkmm-2.2 in their repository, maybe I will
downgrade the requirement by changing the code.

Give me two weeks. After that I will tell you that you are ready to cook
A Debian package of wallpapoz.

Thank you.

I think this is a
nice feature, and would like to other Debian users could use it easier
with a package.

Regards,