Re: [gnome-love] Building GNOME HOWTO

Hi,

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 19:41:28 -0500, Willie Walker
<William Walker sun com> wrote:
<verbatim>
nonetwork = True
</verbatim>

Why exactly do you want to do this?  I'm confused as to why you would
want to do this or how it would be helpful.

I wanted to do this because I was building against the latest stuff.
My initial experience was that people seemed to check stuff in before
really testing it, which could cause the remainder of the build to
break.  This happened to me and it drove me nuts.  I didn't want to
suffer because someone wasn't being thorough, but I also wanted to be
somewhat up to date.

As I told you on IRC, people do -not- usually “check stuff in before
really testing”;
I build the whole thing quite often and very seldom have problems,
neither building nor running it. Please do not insist with that.

The #gnome-hackers channel is not really a support channel, and despite
the fact that people will usually answer questions there, it is much
better to ask questions on the more support-oriented channels, like
#gnome, #gnome-love, #gnome-help and so on. The -key- point is to be
patient.