Re: [gnome-love] Zenity Regression Testing....

Hi,

Will it be good to do that as a starting point for using python? Do you think python would serve as a good testing tool wrt to zenity?

Sivan

Glynn Foster wrote:

Hey,

I've just commit back a patch to CVS HEAD from the awesome Lucas Rocha
to add GOption support for zenity. GOption is an API written by Anders
Carlsson in glib that completely replaces popt - it's amazingly user
friendly, check it out!

With this change, I've realized that we desperately need to start
generating a list of zenity scripts to test - both old and new, so that
we can always try and preserve compatibility [still need to get my head
around the differences of forward and backwards compatibility, and which
one we want to aim for].

Yes, zenity needs a regression suite! So I'm looking for help to
generate this. Ideally we would need to write reasonably *simple*
scripts to test all areas of zenity - all dialogs with different command
line options.

Can you help? If you can, please send me scripts directly, and I'll make
sure you get the credit for them in the about dialog, and that they get
added to zenity in CVS. It'll also provide valuable help to perspective
zenity writers for use in their own scripts!

Feel the zen.

Glynn