[gnome-love] audio cd burning utility (gnome-cd-cook) :)

hi guys, hi dudes, hi gals.

i'm new to this list and new to gnome developing. i wanted to get into it and write a gtk+-2.0 version of gnome-toaster, but then mariano pointed out to me that there's more need for an audio only cd burning utility, because for data we already have the excellent nautilus-cd-burner.

so i thought that maybe i could be capable of writing a brand new user friendly utility, and call it gnome-cd-cook :). i was also pointed out i should use gstreamer instead of sox for audio conversion, as gstreamer's now becoming part of gnome.

i know some basic c, i can write functions, structures and use pointers, and i'm also reading the gtk+-2.0 tutorial from http://www.gtk.org. i'm about halfway through it now, at chapter ten, learning on progress bars. :)

i was wondering, is there anyone intersted in helping me out with this task? i hardly believe i'll be able to manage it on my own, at least for the next to weeks, when i plan to have learnt enough from the tutorial to start on my own.

so, any help is appreciated. or else i'll just wait for two weeks and then start on my own.

thankyou very much for your time and byebye! :)

ciao! :)

edoardo