[gnome-love] GKM: Call for interface design

                Hi Lovers!

        GNOME Keyring Manager is going well, and some people are making
contributions. Next big step is the edit keyring window. But before
coding, it would be great to have a good interface desing, so we are
calling for it. It's an easy task and no coding skill are required. You
can do the mockups using glade.

        The idea is that when a keyring is opened, a new (spatial)
window is created. This window need to show:

        * Keyring name
        * A List with items inside the keyring (with id, name, mtime, ctime, type and secret)
        * For each item, a list with its attibutes (name type and value)

        We should add an UI for the next functions:
        * Add add a new item
        * Remove a item
        * Edit item
                * Change name
                * Change type ( GENERIC_SECRET, NETWORK_PASSWORD, NOTE)
                * Change secret
        * Add attribute to item (name, and value)
        * Remove attribute from item
        * Edit attribute

This is an example of raw data contained in a keyring:

keyring: default
lock_on_idle: 0
lock timeout: 0
mtime: 1082721683
ctime: 1082721683
locked: 0
Items:

 id: 1
 type: 1
 name: itemtest
 secret: myfoolpassword
 mtime: 1082721683
 ctime: 1082721683
 Attributes:
  testattribute1 = 'ATRIBUTE1'
  testattribute2 = 'ATRIBUTE2'

 id: 2
 type: 2
 name: University proxy
 secret: "teachers"
 mtime: 1082721683
 ctime: 1082721683
 Attributes:
  server = 'proxy.etsit.upm.es'
  username = 'user'
  port = '8080'

        So go, read the HIG at:

                http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/draft_hig_new/

        and try to post a interface desing.

        Of course, there are more coding task for this project, just visit:

                http://gnomesupport.org/wiki/index.php/GNOME%20Keyring%20Manager%20Wiki

        and go on!

Salu2

--
Fernando Herrera de las Heras
Onírica: análisis, diseño e implantación de soluciones informáticas