Re: [gnome-love] GNOME Keyring Manager project

HI all,

On Mon, 2004-04-26 at 20:04 -0400, ian+themodernlife.net wrote:
I took a crack at the GNOME Fundamental User Information for GNOME
Keyring Manager.  I’d be interested in maintaining this.  I don’t know
a whole lot about the project at the moment. Is there any good info on
the keyring deamon somewhere? Also, what’s the “application
boundaries” section?  Anyways, let me know what you think about it,
what I got right/wrong etc… are you guys on IRC ever?  What
channel/time?  I’m in the US…

http://themodernlife.net/gkm_fui.html

Nice!

A few comments, after a first reading.

- It'd be nice to have more information (and maybe with more detail) on
how our competitors do this, with a slightly wider definition of
competitor: KDE, windows, macs, etc (there -is- an etcaetera here ;-) )
There are even gnome apps that do similar things. Also, there are apps
out there which manage gpg keys and the like. I wonder what things the
do/don't do.

- in 1.1.4, I think the template wants information about how the app
will achieve its goals, not how the development will be, etc.

- We need much much more detail on 1.2.

-- m

--
Mariano Suárez-Alvarez <mariano gnome org>