[gnome-love] Color selector dialog

Hi everybody:

I really do think that my post is on-topic :) If it's not, please feel
free to correct me (but please, don't be harsh :))

One of the few things that I miss with my gnome desktop is the ability
to change widget and window decoration colors in a easy and sane way
(ie, without hacking .gtkrc* files), and I really think this feature is
not against the philosophy of desktop development (ie, keep it simple
and usable), since it will not increase the bloat and it's a very useful
feature.

I'm starting to look at the docs (gtk, atk and such stuff), but it will
take a time to understand everything (so, don't expect any actual code
from me for a while).

I'm not aware of the technical difficult on doing such a dialog
(gconf/gtk stuff), but I think it will be fairly easy for more experient
folks doing so, except if we have to change some secular behavior of gtk
on doing this.

The whole idea is simple (move all color information that is "hardcoded"
on .gtkrc to a color only file (*.color-scheme or whatever) and change
this dinamically on Desktop Preferences -> Theme (with a Colors tab or
something), making possible to save and load a color-scheme file, like
the KDE guys do.

Of course, the dialog should be HIGfied, clean and integrated, with easy
functions for import, save and export color scheme files. This would be
great for our desktop.

I'm waiting for comments

Regards

Lucas