Re: [gnome-love] location manager

On Fri, 2003-06-27 at 20:00, matteo wrote:
hello gnome lovers
i just started writing a small application for managing different
network settings, just like mac os x or red hat 9 do.
but i didn't see anything like it for debian, and it would be very
useful for my laptop.
so, it's my first app and if anybody wants to contribute or suggest
anything or shut my mouth please let me know.
you can find it at:
http://themanmachine.net/location

bye
matteo

I'm curious if this does anything that gnome-system-tools don't already
do? Shown at http://www.gnome.org/projects/gst/ and Network Profiles
specifically at http://shaun.dog-berry.com/temp/gst-profiles.png (gst
0.26 on Debian Unstable), they allow more complete options, but at the
expense of being much more cluttered when all you're trying to do is
switch profile.

There has been discussion at length (on desktop-devel-list iirc)
regarding a network status icon (currently as an applet, but preferably
as a notification icon). I believe adding some functionality to that, to
allow quick and easy changing of gst's network profile, would lend us
more functionality with easier use.

Good work though, I'm currently (trying to) teaching myself to code in
order to provide Debian with more user-friendly setup tools.

Regards,
 Shaun.