Re: [gnome-love] CASE tools for GNOME?

On Sun, Jun 29, 2003 at 12:47:41PM +0100, Alan Horkan wrote:

On Sun, 29 Jun 2003, pclouds wrote:

Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 15:56:27 +0700
From: pclouds <pclouds users sourceforge net>
To: gnome-love gnome org
Subject: [gnome-love] CASE tools for GNOME?

Hi,
Is there any CASE project for GNOME, like Umbrello for KDE (http://uml.sourceforge.net)?

People dont necessarily know what you mean by CASE tools, it often when
using acronyms to expand them the first time you use them.
I'm sorry. CASE stands for Computer-Aid Software Engineering

How stringent are your requirements?

I used Rational Rose for study in university. I wondered if there
was an alternative for Linux. I searched around and found
umbrello. But i like a gnome/gtk app rather :)

How about Dia?
http://www.lysator.liu.se/~alla/dia/

Dia can be used to draw UML diagrams. But that's not enough. In
Rational Rose, when i change a sequence diagram, the corresponding
collaboration diagram is updated. In short, there are relations
between diagrams. I don't know if Dia have this feature.
Two other feature is code generation and report. dia2code can generate
code from Dia diagram. Making report from Dia diagrams is missing.

PS. UML = Unified Modeling Language

Sincerely

Alan Horkan
http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/