Re: [gnome-love] Re: Working with backgrounds

On Sat, 2003-08-30 at 15:57, Elijah Newren wrote:
On Fri, 2003-08-29 at 01:56, Erik Grinaker wrote:
    - Image is less than, say, 25% of the screen; tiled
    - Image proportion is roughly that of screen; stretched
    - Image proportion does not match screen: scaled
    - I think very few people actually use center, so manual only

What?  My experience (not just my personal use but also watching others
I know) is that center is used quite a lot, and that tiled is used by
almost no one.  Obviously, without a real study, my experience can't
trump yours, but I think it does show that doing something such as
removing centering as a choice is a bad idea unless you can somehow show
that those around me really are in the minority.

Well, I didn't intend to actually remove the choice of centering an
image - just that center would never be chosen automatically by the
config applet. I couldn't figure out any situation where automatically
using center would make sense, so I just suggested using manual only.

As others have said, this method is flawed in many ways. It was never
intended to be complete, just an example of what I meant.

--
Erik Grinaker
http://erikg.wired-networks.net

This signature has been rot13-encrypted twice, reading it is illegal
under the terms of the DMCA.