Re: [gnome-love] A RAD for GNOME?

Hi

Well what do you know! We (people on glade-devel ximian com and
gnome-devtools gnome org mailing lists) were just talking about better
glade3 integration with IDE's.

glade3, the next version of glade is sort of a rewrite. From glade3 onwards
we officially support no language. By "support no language" I mean that in
the main glade program there is no support to output code for a particular
language. Like in glade1 and glade2 C language output is the default. That
is left over to the separate 3rd party parsers. But anyway there has been much
talk of using libglade, instead of these "parsers" writing out code or
developers writing out code.

Anyways (that was besides the point), a fresh discussion has started on the
above mentioned mailing lists. So if you want you can join that and give in
your views too.

Cheers!
Archit Baweja

Jonathan Bartlett <johnnyb eskimo com> writes:

I think the solution could be a lot simpler using PyGnome - simply
automate the communication between GLADE and your editor, and make signal
creation in GLADE auto-create prototypes in Python.  We may also need some
additional widgets and helper widgets, but that's pretty small.  The big
need is just editor<->Glade communication, and a standard way for these
programs to be run.

Jon