Re: [gnome-love] Looking for ways to get involved

El vie, 18-10-2002 a las 14:10, Dave Malcolm escribió:
On Friday 18 October 2002 14:56, Agon S. Buchholz wrote:
[...]
The following areas are, as far as I know, currently neither covered by
working Gnome apps nor by projects in early development state:

(1) Logical-/ structural-based (*not* layout-based) WYSIWYG/WYSIWYM HTML
editor (or maybe a GUI-based, visual SGML-/ XML-editor with HTML editing
as a subset), Site and Link management etc.

The closest matches of the current Gnome projects seem to bee Screem and
maybe Bluefish (as I understand, this is primarily a GTK app), but
neither of them are are having intentions to add more advanced visual
interfaces to their editing environments.

Have you had a look at Conglomerate?  This sounds like exactly what you
describe.  The web site (www.conglomerate.org) is very out of date, but I've
recently ported the CVS version to GNOME 2.  It's intended as a user-friendly
structured editor (DocBook XML support is a core goal, but in theory it can
support any DTD).  It's free software (as in GPL), and uses some of the
recent GNOME technologies (GnomeVFS, Bonobo etc) where appropriate.

Another application (just HTML) is phpmole (with php+gtk+):
http://www.akbkhome.com/Projects/Phpmole-IDE/
oriented to content management.

[...]
(2) A mainly Logical-/ structural-based WYSIWYG/WYSIWYM document editor/
document processing app in the kind of LyX, but with a real GUI. since
even Klyx for the KDE is dead, there are (to my current knowledge)
currently no plans to build visal interfaces to TeX/LaTeX in the works.

At least, LyX 1.2 was designed to be GUI-independent, and there is
a QT Gui in production.  The GTK Gui started a long time ago,
but at the same time it started... it stopped.  May be you could
get in touch with LyX developers.

--
German Poo Caaman~o
mailto:gpoo ubiobio cl