[gnome-love] Looking for ways to get involved

Hi,

I'm looking for ways to get involved into the Gnome project; there are two areas I'm mainly interested in (but couldn't find any fitting Gnome app yet); maybe you can point me to projects I might have overlooked since I don't want to duplicate someone's work.

The following areas are, as far as I know, currently neither covered by working Gnome apps nor by projects in early development state:

(1) Logical-/ structural-based (*not* layout-based) WYSIWYG/WYSIWYM HTML editor (or maybe a GUI-based, visual SGML-/ XML-editor with HTML editing as a subset), Site and Link management etc.

The closest matches of the current Gnome projects seem to bee Screem and maybe Bluefish (as I understand, this is primarily a GTK app), but neither of them are are having intentions to add more advanced visual interfaces to their editing environments.

This application would be targeted to the numerous users of FrontPage, Dreamweaver and Go Live or maybe FrameMaker+SGML. It also could provide a more comfortable interface for editing DocBook documents.

It is often being argued that WYSIWYG HTML editors produce bad HTML markup and thus the HTML souce code editing should be preferred; I strongly object since tools like HTML tidy are availabe for a long time, and a smart apllication should be able to render perfeclty standard compliant HTML -- it's possible even with FrontPage, left besides tools like LyX (for TeX syntax) and FrameMaker+SGML (for SGML DTDs), so why shouldn't it be possible with HTML and an GPL'd visual WYSIWYG/ WYSIWYM editor?

(2) A mainly Logical-/ structural-based WYSIWYG/WYSIWYM document editor/ document processing app in the kind of LyX, but with a real GUI. since even Klyx for the KDE is dead, there are (to my current knowledge) currently no plans to build visal interfaces to TeX/LaTeX in the works.

This application would be targeted to users of Frame Maker or Ventura Publisher which don't want to edit code (like in environments facilitating pure LaTeX2e or GNU Emacs in SGML mode) but have to work on complex documents.

Any comments or suggestions?

Thanks for you time,
-Agon