[gnome-love] GNOME Utilities 'A Brave New World'

Hey there!

So this afternoon I released GNOME Utilities 1.5.0 [1] 'A Brave New
World', although its availability might be pretty scarse right now.

We have come a long, long way and taken a *huge* step towards a GNOME
2.0 release. Since my last post to gnome-love, there have been large
numbers of bugs squashed from your fellow list members. Now's your time
to contribute!

In fact at the current moment we have only 18 bugs scheduled to be fixed
for 2.0 -

        http://makeashorterlink.com/?D2EF133D

So why am I emailing you guys telling you all of this? Well there are
utilities to be tested, bugs to be reported, bugs to be fixed. This is
the ideal way to get into GNOME 2.0 development and be on par with the
great Havoc Pennington [2].

So if you see a bug that you would like to fix above [3] then let me
know and start hacking on it. I'll try to mark as many bugs with
'easy-fix' keyword.

In particular, gnome-utils/logview needs some love. While
gnome-dictionary, gnome-calculator, archive-generator and
gnome-search-tool are getting much, *much* love, gnome-system-log is
falling by the wayside. Can you FEEL THE LOVE?

                        Yours,
                                Very much lovingly,

                                        Glynn ;)

[1] Which will be a once off version number until GNOME 2.0 because
apparently it managed to break the GNOME snapshots

[2] I dunno why everyone chooses this guy...but it seems to be a defacto
GNOME standard.

[3] Even if you don't feel like hacking on the GNOME 2.0.0 bugs (as
marked by the 'GNOME2.0.0' keyword) maybe you would rather hack on some
GNOME 2.0.1 bugs (as marked by the 'GNOME2.0.1' keyword) and attach the
patch to the bugzilla.gnome.org bug report.