[gnome-love] GnomeCanvasPixbuf and autoconf

Hi,

I am having some issues setting the CFLAGS for gnomecanvaspixbuf, using autoconf. I have added the following to configure.in (but have not added anything to makefile.am yet):

AM_PATH_GDK_PIXBUF("0.11.0")
ikandi_LDFLAGS = -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/gtk-1.2 -I/usr/include/glib-1.2 -I/usr/lib/glib/include \
        -I/usr/X11R6/include \
-rdynamic -L/usr/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lgdk_pixbuf -lgtk -lgdk -lgmodule -lglib \
        -ldl -lXi -lXext -lX11 -lm -lgnomecanvaspixbuf

ikandi_LDFLAGS should therefore contain the output of gnome-config gnomecanvaspixbuf --cflags
and
gnome-config gnomecanvaspixbuf --libs

However, when I use the following C code, I get an error:

item = gnome_canvas_item_new (gnome_canvas_root (canvas), gnome_canvas_pixbuf_get_type(), "layer1", image, NULL);
The error is:

canvas.o: In function `create_canvas':
/home/chris/coding/gnome/ikandi/src/canvas.c:27: undefined reference to `gnome_canvas_pixbuf_get_type'

I cannot find any examples of using gnomecanvaspixbuf with autoconf, and I am inexperienced in both. Is there a standard way of adding in the appropriate link options? I also need to know if there is a particular header file I need to include. So far, I include the following:

#include <gnome.h>
#include <gdk-pixbuf/gdk-pixbuf.h>
#include <gdk-pixbuf/gdk-pixbuf-loader.h>

Thankyou for your time,

Chris.