[gnome-love] Corrent Gtk2 Widget
- From: Nate Custer <gncuster firehead org>
- To: gnome love <gnome-love gnome org>
- Cc: pygtk <pygtk daa com au>
- Subject: [gnome-love] Corrent Gtk2 Widget
- Date: 02 Aug 2002 05:05:55 -0400
I am writing a 5250 terminal emulator in python, and would like to use
gtk2 for the gui. However I am not sure I can find the right widget to
use for the main terminal window. Here are the requirments:
1) must be able to capture all key presses to be parsed by emulator.
2) must be able to support different color text in the same widget.
3) must support different color background colors for the text in the
4) must be able to display a block cursor.
I have looked at the GtkLabel + EventBox model, the GtkText object and
its cousins in gtk2. But none seem to do what I need. Should I be
looking at some other widget or am I asking the imposible?
Gentlemen, [the equation e^(i*pi) + 1 = 0 ] is surely true, it is
absolutely paradoxical; we cannot understand it, and we don't know what
it means. But we have proved it, and therefore we know it must be truth.
] [Thread Prev