[gnome-love] file manager problems + a suggestion

Hi!

I have a similar question to the one Thomas Vander Stichele asked:

I sometimes encounter problems when switching an account from GNOME 1.2
GNOME 1.4: When converting this, I don't know how to switch on/off
Nautilus
and/or gmc. I often had the problem that both Nautilus and gmc ran at
the
same time, which showed to be not too effective.

I assume this is a problem with the session manager and with the
implementation
of gmc, which starts up again if you "kill" it.

How can I switch correctly to Nautilus without having gmc in the
background eating
my cpu time?

Also, as a suggestion, it would be a good thing to convert the (I have
this in
my Ximian GNOME distibution from the LinuxTag) "File manager" entry in
the GNOME
menu to the specific file manager.
My idea for this: The file manager should be saved in a specific file.
Somebody
creates a program "gnome-file-manager", which reads this file and starts
the
file manager the user defined before. This could perhaps even be
extended so that
even Konqueror or kfm may be used... (most of you surely may not want
this, but
this could help KDE users switching to GNOME ;-) )
AFAIK GNOME uses a similar type of program for HTML files or Web pages.
(Or _should_
use it)

cu
Günther