Re: [gnome-love] Re: interface for C program

Zach Frey <ztf mediaone net> writes:
A challenge:  anyone who can write and make available *somehow*
an explanation of how to interface existing C code with Glib/Gtk+ that
makes it as easy and clear as Tcl 7.X and Ousterhout's book will be
doing a great service to the Gtk+/GNOME programming world.
No offence, Havoc.  :)  (And yes, I've looked at chapters 11 & 13
of GGAD.)

No offense taken. ;-)

Hmm ...  a tutorial on wrapping existing C APIs as GtkObjects (now
GObjects), with how to make them available through the scripting
language bindings, would be a good, good thing ...

I don't think this is something that frequently makes sense to do...
I wouldn't personally go around wrapping old C APIs in GObject left
and right... it doesn't get you all that far.

What you want for this is something a lot more like XPCOM or UNO than
GObject.

Havoc