[gnome-love] in-proc components

Hi,

I'm just starting to learn C and GNOME programming and have a question regarding in-process components.  If this isn't the correct mailing list, I give my apologies now and ask that someone forward the message along to the correct one. :-)  Also, I'd like to say beforehand that I'm not trying to elicit any flames for my question.  Ok, here it goes:

I was just reading Miguel's interview with K5 (you can find it <a href= "">here</a>).  Miguel sounds pretty down about Bonobo's ability to quickly handle in-process components.

Is Bonobo as weak in this department as he suggests?  (Note: I see the wonderful power and flexibility of Bonobo regarding out-of-process components and distributed components).

If so, is there a speedy in-process component alternative for GNOME?  Something limited but fast?  It might be nice if we have complementary component systems, each one optimized for its particular purpose.

At any rate, thanks in advance for considering my question and thanks to all the GNOME coders out there making this nice, free computing environment.

Sincerely,

Andrew