Re: [gnome-love] Title bar

On 10 Sep 2001 23:53:01 -0400, Nix N. Nix wrote:
Could you please help me with this one ?

How do I create a window without a title bar ?  i.e. one that can be
used for a splash screen ?

I'm not sure exactly what the C version is, but with the Perl bindings
you can create a splash screen like this:

 sub splash {

                    my ($splash, $pixmap ,$xpm, $splashimage $vbox );

                    $splash = new Gtk::Window();
                    $pixmap =
                            Gtk::Gdk::Pixmap->create_from_xpm($splash-window,
                                    $splash->style->bg('normal'),
                    $xpm = "splash.xpm");
                    $splashimage = new Gtk::Pixmap($p,$xpm);

                    # must realize the window to access it
                    $splash->realize();

                    $splash->set_position('center');
                    $splash->window->set_decorations(0);
                    $splash->{$vbox} = new Gtk::VBox(0,0);
                    $splash->{'statusbar'} = new Gtk::Statusbar;
                    $splash->add($splash->{$vbox});
                    $splash->{$vbox}->pack_start($splashimage,0,0,0);

                    $splash->showall();

                    while (Gtk->events_pending) {
                            Gtk->main_iteration
                    }
                    return $splash;
            }

I'm trying to create a replacement for the Alt+F2 run thing that KDE
once had.  It no longer works, because kwm (I believe has been
re-shuffled).  I once believed that kwm was the only thing worthwile out
of KDE.  Now that's no good anymore either.  I did, however, get
addicted to the Alt+F2 feature bringing up a teeny tiny window where I
could type in a single command.  Now, I have done it for myself with
sawfish, but the window still has its (unsightly) decorations.

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks!