[gnome-love] Title bar

Could you please help me with this one ?

How do I create a window without a title bar ?  i.e. one that can be
used for a splash screen ?

I'm trying to create a replacement for the Alt+F2 run thing that KDE
once had.  It no longer works, because kwm (I believe has been
re-shuffled).  I once believed that kwm was the only thing worthwile out
of KDE.  Now that's no good anymore either.  I did, however, get
addicted to the Alt+F2 feature bringing up a teeny tiny window where I
could type in a single command.  Now, I have done it for myself with
sawfish, but the window still has its (unsightly) decorations.

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks!