Re: [gnome-love] my participation

After searching the gnome.org site, I did not find anywhere aside from
Bugzilla to float ideas for new GNOME components, so I thought I would
ask in this thread:

There once was a gnome-clipboard applet, though development ceased on it
long ago.  This was a real shame, as the only non-Gnome component
swallowed in my panel is wmcb.  I also have to run xclipboard as I do a
lot of work in JBuilder.  Therefore my personal wish list item  is a
revived clipboard applet.  One that has the ability to move selections
to and from the PRIMARY buffer like xclipboard.

As long as people are looking for ideas, my fathers biggest wish list
item is a phone application.  Just something minimal like a keypad to
dial a number and then perhaps to interact with a "automated voice
response system", (press 1 to continue..)

This could grow into a voice modem speaker phone, caller ID, answering
machine, etc.  I have not seen anything of the sort as free software,
and I have been looking (He asks me every time I visit..).  Perhaps
GNOME could be the first to do this.

Hopefully Evolution also could reuse the phone dialer component to dial
contacts in the contact list...  I'll not drone on with any more endless
possibilities.

-Z