Re: [gnome-love] gnome-recently-used and libgnomeui

On Thu, 2001-11-01 at 16:52, James Willcox wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to get involved with GNOME platform development, and saw the
list of tasks Chema posted a while ago
(http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-love/2001-October/msg00008.html),
and I would like to do thte glade2 recently opened files thing.  Other
projects (ggv, for instance), uses the gnome-history API.  It appears
that this has been deprecated for GNOME-2.0, in favor of
gnome-recently-used, which is supposed to be in libgnomeui.  I
downloaded/installed libgnomeui from CVS, and the gnome-recently-used
stuff is not there.  Anyone know the status on this?  Am I looking at
the wrong library?

No, you are looking at the correct library but it was removed from
libgnomeui because we had to drop some stuff because 2.0 was taking too
much time. It will be great to have something in there for the future as
this funcionality is going to have to be duplicated several times in the
different applications. The second part to the task of adding it to
glade2 is proposing and implementing and API that can be used by apps in
a generic way.

regards,
Chema

Thanks,