Re: [gnome-love] Intrested in hacking gnome and doing gtop tree view

Please give the guy a break, he's just trying to start out by doing
something manageable and useful... Remember this list is "gnome-love"...

Hi gnome-love folks,

can you please remove this item from the todo list and tell him in
a polite way that:

* if he sends me a working and complete patch and I don't have any
  work with this patch, it will go in

* he cannot expect any help whatsoever from me and I will not answer
  any questions

* there is little to no chance at all that his code will make it
  into GTop2

GTop is dead code and scheduled for a complete rewrite; if someone
wants to work on it, the correct way is to start with GTop2, but
this'd involve a lot of API designing work for both GTop2 and LibGTop,
so it cannot be done by a complete newbie.

My plan is to use gob / pong / bonobo-conf and maybe e-table for GTop2
and to make the whole design much more object oriented.

--
Martin Baulig
martin gnome org (private)