Re: [gnome-love] Intrested in hacking gnome and doing gtop tree view

1.  Should there be a button or something you push to
get a tree view?  The thing is, is I know I myself
like to sort the list a lot by the % of mem being used
by programs, if you had it in a process hierarchy then
the sorting stuff would have to work differently
because it's in a tree.  If you have two modes though,
you can use it look at it as a tree and as a regular
list.

I would think having a menu in `View' would do the trick:
`View/Listmode' or `View/Tree' view.

2.  I was thinking CTree is the widget I'd use to do
this.

That works, but I would like to see something that uses E-Table, as
E-Table would allow for simple customization of the view, and also
does grouping.

3.  I couldn't figure out how to compile from cvs, I
tried running autogen.sh, but it needed the fild
gnome-autogen(.sh I think).  This is prolly the
biggest thing, since I sortof need to be able to
compile it to test stuff out.  I know this is prolly a
stupid question, but like I said, I don't know much
;-)

My recommendantion: compile from source tarballs rather than jump
starting with GNOME CVS.

Miguel.