[gnome-love] Re: GTK+, horizontal scrolling and mice with two wheels

Le 28/05/01 23:40:04, Thomas Broyer a écrit :
I guess it's inside gdk/x11/gdkevents-x11.c (it doesn't seem there are
GDK_SCROLL events with nanox and linux-fb, and I'm totally ignorant in
Windows programming) in the gdk_event_translate() function, ButtonPress
case in the switch (xevent->type) but is this sufficient? (I looked at
gtk/gtkscrolledwindow.c and it seems horizontal scrolls

Here comes a patch against gtk+-1.3.5 to add support for buttons 6 and 7 in
GDK/X11 (generating GDK_SCROLL events with GDK_SCROLL_LEFT and
GDK_SCROLL_RIGHT directions respectively).
I recompiled my modified gtk+ and tried gtk-demo, it works! I can scroll
"source" text views vertically with the first mouse wheel and horizontally
with the second one.
That's great !!!

Should I open a bugzilla account and post it there too? Or should I send it
to gtk-devel-list?

There's still a need to implement this on Windows, should I open "TODO
task"?

Discussion on horizontal scrolling with single-wheel mice will go to the
gtk-list

Tom.