Re: [gnome-love] I need a project

Hi Cameron et al,

I actually have a semi-selfish request for some gnome hacker. <g>  Right
now, gedit supports 'wrapping' but it does so in the middle of a word.
What would be really awesome is if someone could add/change it so that it
could wrap at word breaks.

The tough part, at least, the part I think would be tough, would be to
make it work when adding characters besides at the edges.  ie: It should
be easy when typing 'compiler' at the next to  last character to figure
that it should wrap, but if I add 'building a new' before it, if it
previously just fit on the line, to have it wrap to the next one, and,
likewise, when deleting words to have the whole paragraph get readjusted.

Thanks!

Mike

On Sun Jun 24 15:58:26 2001 Cameron Matheson said...

Hello,

I just subscribed to this list, because I need a project.  I've been
using Linux for a little over 2 yrs now, and I'm feeling a little
selfish, because I've never contributed any code.  Anyway, I was
checking the todo lists on the developer site, but nothing on the list
(within my skill level) was on an app that I use (most of them seemed to
be for gnumeric...).  Anyway, I was just wondering if someone might
suggest some task(s) that needed to be done on various projects

Thanks,
Cameron Matheson