Re: [gnome-love] interested in doing some gnome work (perl, c, scheme, doc)

On 20 Jun 2001 11:47:41 -0400, tom wrote:
hi,
i've been using gnome and doing some minor gnome / gtk stuff for a few
months now. i tried starting an own project (gstyler - the gtk theme
editor. still in sourceforge, if anyone wants to help) or help with
other major projects (like anjuta) but found that to be slightly to big
for me. i can help with perl and c (to a certain extend. no c++) and i
am especially interested in doing guile related work (fix bindings for
gnome / glade / bonobo ?) i also don't mind doing some (much needed)
documentation work.
i am going to have some extra time as of next month, but i can certainly
allocate a few weekly hours already.

please let me know if there's anything i could help with.

I think this is not the usual process, so forgive me, but I saw
perl...bindings, and I couldn't resist :-)

That is, in gnome-db (http://www.gnome-db.org) we're in the urgent need
of having perl bindings for libgda (the data access library), so, if you
know Perl and are interested, your help would be really, really
appreciated. We need it to add scripting support to the front end app.

I don't think it would be really difficult if you know Perl and a bit of

Sounds good?

cheers