Re: [gnome-love] [TODO] Writing new simple gtop - I'm interested

Good work!

A few comments on how we could improve it (and Patanjali has expressed
some interest in helping out with some of these):

        * Use E-Table for displaying information (as I said earlier,
          this would allow the customization without the clutter).

        * Add a Process Tree view (E-Table can do this as well) so
          that you can "trace" which processes were launched by which
          processes.

        * Load .desktop files and their icons, and try to match
          executable names to icons (so that we can show the icon of
          Gnumeric for example for the Gnumeric process) and so on.

        * Load a few "well known" icons for things like init, bash,
          kernel processes, etc.

        * Add option to "Kill" a program.

        * Incorporate from GTop, the code that displays the process
          memory map (this is a really nice feature).

Miguel.