Re: [gnome-love] Intrested in hacking gnome and doing gtop tree view
- From: Miguel de Icaza <miguel ximian com>
- To: Mike Palczewski <mpalczew u washington edu>
- Cc: Heeten <azari geo yahoo com>, gnome-love gnome org
- Subject: Re: [gnome-love] Intrested in hacking gnome and doing gtop tree view
- Date: 05 Jun 2001 15:15:34 -0400
I don't think there really is too much wrong with the current gtop.
The main problems with the current gtop is that the default shows
too much information and changing the configuration doesn't save
Well, the problem is that when I try to configure it, there are *too
many* options. If you read the articles from Joel on Software, you
will see that we are failing there to make sensible decisions for the
Either we figure out ways of customizing the application without using
hundreds of dialog boxes (more contextual configuration which is a
great way of dealing with this) or we choose saner defaults.
] [Thread Prev