[gnome-love] I want to help

Hello there,

My skills are:

- C++ (very strong)
- CORBA
- Maths (strong)
- DSP/Audio
- Finance

My knowledge of GNOME and Linux are quite weak, I'm coming from Win32,
but I understand the potential of Open Source, so I want to contribute
and learn.

I'm not very interested in working on GUIs, I'd rather like to stay on
the back-end. Ideally, I'd like to work on libraries, or on tools/apps
for developers.
Is there a sound editor/HDD recording project around? I mean, apps like
Acid, SoundForge, or CoolEdit?

I'll have a look around, but any suggestion is more than welcome.
Also, can you please tell me where to find some good introductory
tutorials on GNOME/Linux for someone coming from Windows?

Thanks, Giulio